Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dear sweet boy

Dear Baby Davis,

You are six weeks old! My heart breaks thinking about these past six weeks. Knowing that my maternity leave is up and that we've spent the past six weeks thinking you were a fussy baby and then realizing you needed relief because of tummy problems.

I think back to the day we didn't realize you were going to be coming and the people we were. You have changed us in an unexplainable way. Our world revolves around you.

We have spent the past six weeks looking at you in awe, memorizing all of your facial expressions, trying to decipher what each whimper, cry and scream means, trying to put you on a schedule and then realizing it is best that you set your own schedule, eating our words more times than we can count, and just trying to love you in the best way we know how.

You have had a tough couple of weeks...and so have mommy and daddy. You have battled tummy and reflux issues and it has caused pain for us all. We absolutely hate to see you in pain and not know what we can do. We think we're heading in the right direction with no dairy and are so thankful to already see you more content...even if it means no ice cream for mom :)

We love watching you study our faces and busting out a smile, but only if we work really hard for it. You're a little stubborn. Your dad and I will both point fingers saying you got it from the other but we know you got it from us both.

You love, absolutely love, to snuggle. Before you arrived I swore you would be in your crib from day one, well last night you were pretty cozy on my chest and it looks like it will be that way for a while until the tummy issues are completely cleared. Whatever it takes to keep you comfortable is what we'll always do.

We love to watch you stretch. Your old man face wrinkles up and you stretch those arms as high as you can. You frequently raise one hand like you would like to ask a question. We give you the opportunity but you never ask. I absolutely love when you're eating and you bend your elbow and prop your head on your hand. Absolutely adorable. I tell your dad to look every time because I think it's the cutest.

You are a true joy to us and we anxiously anticipate every single new and exciting thing you do.

We love you so much Baby Davis,
M&D

I will certainly miss spending my days doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment