Really tomorrow is 3 weeks but I want to go ahead and get this done.
We're still figuring out our schedule. I keep thinking we get the hang of it and then it gets thrown off somehow. I am determined to figure this out. :)
Bitty boy has grown a lot during his first couple of weeks. The pediatrician is very impressed with his growth. When we left the hospital, he weighed 4lbs 13oz. itty bitty. Just two days shy of 3 weeks, Davis weighed 6lbs 5oz! Woohoo, chunky monkey. Woof, I can say the growth has been well earned by both Davis and my body. ;)
Davis loves to be cuddled. I think in his perfect world he would be held 24/7. As much as I want to do that, I am trying hard to give him time on his own. Between his mommy and daddy, family and friends, it can be challenging to give him some alone time. I'm learning though he really needs a balance. We're still trying to figure out that balance.
We try to take at least one walk a day. I think the fresh air is really good for him.
Bowman is adjusting. He was very indifferent for the first two weeks and now he seems to want to be in the same room as the baby most of the time. He now starts to wag his tail and sniff those little toes. It seemed like this morning Davis spotted Bo. He turned his head in Bo's direction when he heard Bo's nails prancing towards us. Oh I hope they love each other immensely one day.
My mom, Davis' Mimi, stayed with us the first week and we are so thankful. My sister, Aunt B, came in town last week and is here for another week. Mimi has been back too. :) I can never thank them appropriately for their help. W has been SO swamped with school that we needed help more than we thought. Most importantly, they are bonding with Davis and he already recognizes their voices. I think they would hold him 24/7 if I let them. Actually, I know they would. :) They already fight over him. I love it!
We have had sweet family and friends continue to visit us and bring us food. What a blessing! It is times like these when you realize how fortunate you are because of the people and love around you. Life is put into perspective and we see the true joy in this world - love.
Picture overload to come this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment